Thursday, January 15, 2009

More Indulgences

The floral arrangement I had purchased for myself included both the roses (pictured on the blog upper left corner) and also my favorite flower, alstroemerias.  The roses have since died, but the alstroemerias have started to open up and I snapped a picture last night.

In the vein of self-indulgence, I went to a purse party tonight.  I normally avoid any such parties (Pampered Chef, Party Lite, Simply Tasteful, etc) like the plague.  I hate feeling pressured into buying things and always will out of guilt if I attend.  I also have a limited number of friends so if I do end up going I'm always surrounded by people I really don't know so it gets awkward for me pretty quickly.

On the other hand, I was actually a little excited about this party.  I desperately need a new purse.  I'm not one of those women who has a purse for every outfit nor do I have more than 7 pairs of shoes.  I think J actually has far more clothes in his closet than I do.  Now if were to get on the topic of pajamas, that is a different story.  I have LOTS of those.  But I digress....

My current purse is really a wallet on a string.  Minimalist and I have everything I really need crammed into it.  But, it's falling apart and I've been hard-pressed to find a new one that I'm happy with.  Then I saw these seatbelt purses and thought they were pretty cute so I agreed to go with my sister in law to the party.

I ended up with this maroon purse and will be getting the matching billfold soon.  The picture doesn't quite reflect the actual color--the flash was wreaking havoc tonight.  It's a deep burgundy and when the light hits it, the shadow of the weave makes it look like it's two shades of maroon.  It looks very very sharp with my black wool coat and khaki or black pants.  And I've always stayed with very conservative purses, this one looks dressy but also fun.


Then because I can't just do something just for me without feeling guilty about not doing something for someone else.  (Remember the ability to go into Target and buy everything other than what I went in for if that item was for me?)  Well, because everyone was all chatty and I was out of the circle of conversation I kept looking at purses.  This meant that my mind wandered to who I could buy a purse for.  I ended up with this one for my Mom.  She laments that she wants a new purse and would like something trendy but never does anything about it. 

I think it's really cute and very much her style. It's a little softer looking than the picture reflects.  The light bouncing off of it from the flash makes it appear a bit brighter.





No comments:

Post a Comment