Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Surgery

The surgery scheduling nurse called today and took me off guard.  Apparently they could have actually scheduled Alanna in for surgery this coming Thursday.  Here I was preparing myself for having to wait a month or two to get on the calendar.  For better or worse though Alanna's first field trip is Thursday so we're waiting until next week for her surgery.

In true Lel fashion, I immediately took control of whatever I could get my hands on to make myself feel better.  I scheduled my time off, moved meetings, called or emailed family, told the teacher, scheduled her pre-op physical, cancelled her swimming lessons for this session, and double checked my insurance out of pocket maximum. 

For some reason I'm now exhausted...hmm..wonder why.  But I at least feel that as much as I can take care of I have.  Now comes the hard part, the waiting for that part I can't control.

2 comments:

  1. I hate waiting. I waste a lot of energy on worrying about things I have no control over. Take care of you while you're taking care of her, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm not very good at that either, but J has been insisting which helps.

    ReplyDelete